About this page
This is our guide for using the DataPortability Project's visual identity elements.
- data portability is an idea. Do not join the words and use lowercase, as it is not a proper noun.
- DataPortability or DataPortability.org is perspective with direct reference to the DataPortability Project. The concatenation of the words, capitalized, is to make the concept distinguishable from other uses. The concept of data portability and the DataPortability project (see below) must be distinguished from one another and they should never be used interchangeably.
- The DataPortability Project is the project that makes the movement towards data portability happen in the broadest sense.
- DataPortability Action Groups are entities operating on delegated authority from the Steering Group with an infinite life. Under a charter, they are responsible for executing a particular function. There is currently one action group: the Communications Action Group.
- DataPortability task forces are officially recognised entities working with a finite life. They work on a specific deliverable, which on completion become official output of the DataPortability Project.
- Acronyms: When referencing data portability, or the DataPortability Project, please refrain from abbreviating the concept and project name. Try your hardest not to use the acronyms DP, DaPo or DPP.
The DataPortability Logo is the centerpiece of the DataPortability visual identity. Please use the following logos on your blog sidebars, websites and projects to help promote the DataPortability Project. Link the badge to http://www.DataPortability.org.
- Trademark: Always deploy the DataPortability logo with the attached ™ symbol. This helps us to protect our brand.
- Tyepface: The official DataPortability typeface is Calibri.
2) Variations of the logo
2) IAB Standard Size Banners
Unable to render embedded object: File (square-ad-1.png! !square-badge---share.png) not found.
Important note: You may only use the DataPortability Project logo if you are an [affiliated group] (article 7) or somehow recognised by the [archive:Steering Group]